Friday, February 24, 2017

Glitter Balloons!

Last month when I created a design for one of the Spring Fair window displays, I decided to make glitter balloons to complement the new, beautiful — in fact, probably one of my favourite ever Qualatex® birthday Microfoil® balloons — 18" "Birthday Pink & Gold Dots," Who cannot love this balloon!


#49164 18" "Birthday Pink & Gold Dots."
Design by Sue Bowler CBA
Here is the design that I created to show off this fabulous new balloon. I decided to have a go at creating a design using the organic style, which is so very popular at the moment. It was so much fun adding in the balloons, but it's important not to go too wild and still consider elements and principles of design, especially proportion, line, colour, and visual balance.


Pink and Gold is a very trendy colour combination for 2017, and the hint of Gold glitter really gives this balloon that extra sparkle!

We will be looking at 2017 colour trends in a new blog very soon!

Here is a close-up of the base that allows you to see the glitter balloons more clearly. They add a lovely visual texture that really adds something very special to a design.







I have made glitter balloons for a number of different designs in the past, but on this occasion, I chose to make them in a different way which I will share with you in a short video clip later in this blog!

In the past, I have added the glitter to the outside of the balloons using Hi-Float. It's quite a messy technique and it takes a while for the balloons to dry, so you have to prepare them well in advance. If you would like to see how I did this, check out my post A Sparkly Balloon Centrepiece for the Festive Season.





Hi-Float has a great video that shows you how to add confetti to a balloon. This technique can also be used to add soft glitter.


SaveSave



So now it's time to show you how I made the lovely Gold Glitter balloons for my design.



SaveSave


I hope that you have a "sparkling" time making these beautiful balloons!

Happy Ballooning!

Sue
www.suebowler.com


8 comments:

sinblaze said...

Beautiful, what kind of glitter is that. Ifb you use a large balloon you just have to use more hi float?

Unknown said...

Beautiful indeed

Unknown said...

Sooo beautiful...
http://grsshoes.com/

Balloon Decoration said...

Wow….it’s amazing Glitter balloons with different design. I need these beautiful balloons. Which type of balloons you are using, is it helium balloons..?

Unknown said...

Really loving this! Thanks so much for your generosity in sharing ❤

FZamani said...

This is beautiful! Can you please tell me how you built this acrylic column? Did you source acrylic poles? Where is the base from?

Altaj Shoes said...

Interesting stuff to read. Keep it up.
Adidas showroom in madurai | Woodland showroom in madurai

Matt Haris said...

Absolutely beautiful. Looks lovely.

Dark Gold Metallic Glitter
Green Bronze Metallic Glitter